Saturday, August 1, 2020

Pixel Scrapper August Blog Train - Star-Stuff

This month's blog train palette excites me like crazy. So many of the colors on it are ones I absolutely love, hands down, and at least one of the suggested themes was my suggestion ("Galaxy," inspired by some gorgeous star photography and similar using a lot of the turquoise, blue, and purple elements with a dash of a salmon-pink). I knew exactly what I wanted to put together.

Of course, half the month disappeared on me. That seems to be the theme this year. I finished up half the papers early in the month, and then somehow two weeks got away from me and I was quickly running out of time to work on the rest of the kit. I will definitely have to revisit this theme and palette to expand it.

The primary inspiration for this was the Carl Sagan quote, "We are all made of star-stuff." I really wanted to draw that feeling of stars and nebulas into the "galaxy" theme, so I broke out my glitter effects and sparkle brushes, and since a lot of my paint spatter and swipe effects worked well with those, I worked around that a lot. I think the end result is perfect.


Download on Dropbox HERE

As before, the preview shows the limited portion of the palette I used. You can find the full palette at Pixel Scrapper with the rest of the blog train contributions. Everyone's made a great kit to go with the palette, including some great space-science-themed kits.

Thank you for downloading!

21 comments:

  1. 💖💐😄Thank you, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pallet is one of my absolute favorites and love how your added touch with the elements just makes it all the more special! Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us! Hugs, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for your lovely contribution !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Большое спасибо за великолепный набор!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely contribution, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your part of this train

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last month, at 3 AM, I got up for a glimpse of the comet Neowise. I am always astounded by the amazing display of stars on a dark night. Your artistic backgrounds capture the awesome nature of the cosmos. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and can't wait to use it to document a trip a friend and I had to a planetarium.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is gorgeous -- love the stars; all of them! & the touch of sparkle. Thanks so much for sharing your creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty!!!! Thank you for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! Love your kit and the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful kit and thank you for suggesting the theme (I went with it too). Thanks for sharing your work. <3

    ReplyDelete